[oe] Documentation problems

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 28 13:40:31 UTC 2011

On Sunday 27 November 2011 22:11:00 Tom Rini wrote:
> The number one thing we lack today is people willing to document.
> Everyone, myself included, who has said we need X done to the public
> documentation today, has generally found a point at which they stop
> wanting to keep things up to date.  Why?  What would change that?
> Does anyone reading this know people that _like_ editing wikis?  Can
> we ask them what keeps them engaged in the process?

FWIW I do like editing wikis - certainly more than I like editing things
written in DocBook at least.

It's true our wiki contains a *lot* of outdated or incomplete information. We
could do a lot just by marking pages as out-of-date or irrelevant (via
categories?) and then updating or deleting them assuming people agree. I'm
happy to start working on this assuming we aren't going to throw the whole
thing out.

Cheers,
Paul

--