[oe] Can't get BBLAYERS working with 2011.03-maintenance

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Wed Nov 30 09:37:12 UTC 2011

 Hi,

I want to start using BBLAYERS and .bbappend with my 2011.03-maintenance project. I found a nice introduction ( http://sakrah.homelinux.org/blog/2010/11/bblayers-bbappend/ ) that I followed.
Now I've got the following ($PWD and TOPDIR is .../oe/):

--- setup script ---
export OEBASE=$PWD
export DL_DIR=$ARCHIVE_DIR
export BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE="OEBASE MACHINE DISTRO DL_DIR"
export PATH=$OEBASE/bitbake/bin:$PATH

--- .../oe/conf//bblayers.conf ---
TOPDIR := "${@os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(d.getVar('FILE', True)))}"
BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBLAYERS = "${TOPDIR}/openembedded ${TOPDIR}/local"

--- .../oe/openembedded/conf/layer.conf ---
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes/*/*.bb"
BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"
BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "oe"
BBFILE_PRIORITY_oe = "0"
BBFILE_PATTERN_oe = "^${LAYERDIR}/"

--- .../oe/local/conf/layer.conf ---
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes/*/*.bb ${LAYERDIR}/recipes/*/*.bbappend"
BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"
BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "local"
BBFILE_PRIORITY_local = "1"
BBFILE_PATTERN_local = "${LAYERDIR}"

Now, if I run "bitbake -e" all variables seem to get the correct values except BBFILES that gets the .bb entry for both openembedded and local but no .bbappend!
I have tried with both bitbake 1.12.0 and 1.14.0 but there is no difference in the outcome.
I can see in the debug log that the .../oe/local/conf/layer.conf is loaded and if I change the BBFILES line to garbage I get a parsing error but no matter what I write between the quotes it doesn't show up in the output...

If anyone have a clue on what is wrong I would appreciate your help!

BR // Mats