[oe] Creating Rootfs images without packages

Ulf Samuelsson ulf_samuelsson at telia.com
Thu Oct 13 00:37:11 UTC 2011

On 2011-10-12 14:22, mgundes wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>     I think one of the big issue with OE is build time. It does everything
> for you, so that it takes too much times. I want to minimize build time and
> realized that OE creates ipkgs for almost every package. If there is a way
> to prevent creation of ipkgs it would be really good for me. In my opinion,
> it would be fine for other people too since usually rootfs directory is
> enough and ipkgs are not frequently used directly by developers.
>
>     I have asked in freenode oe room but friends said there no way to do that
> in OE system. If there is no way to do that in current OE, do you plan to
> add as a feature?
>
>     Thanks,
>
> Regards

Question: What do youj mean by long build time.
                 Building everything takes 1.5-2 hours.
                 Doing an incremental build is much less.

When I started, my laptop would take 42 hours to complete the build
(Calculated, I gave up way before), but then I got a decent machine.
If you consider 1.5 hours for the first build long, then you still have
a problem

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson