[oe] Can't build libcgroup

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 15:28:13 UTC 2011

> Indeed, I did a rebuild from scratch with BB_NUMBER_THREADS=1 and
> PARALLEL_MAKE="-j1" and it worked fine.  When I set both to 2 I had
> failures, but of a different sort (openssl failed to build).
>
> Seems to be some real gremlins in the parallel builds :-(
>
> Odd that I've never seen this when building Poky (I _always_ use
> BB_NUMBER_THREADS=4 and PARALLEL_MAKE="-j4")

It could be that the runqueue of poky is constructed such that this
does not happen
or it could be really a problem in gcc 4.5 packaging (which I doubt)
you could select
gcc 4.6 in angstrom and see if you still hit it. Since gcc 4.6 in
angstrom is just bbappended
on top of oe-core unlike gcc 4.5 which is completely hosted in meta-oe