[oe] Performance measurement: Building openembedded-core with and without overclocking on C-i7 2600K

Ulf Samuelsson ulf_samuelsson at telia.com
Tue Oct 18 13:40:59 UTC 2011

2011-10-18 14:19, Anders Darander skrev:
> * Ulf Samuelsson<ulf_samuelsson at telia.com>  [111018 14:06]:
>> 2011-10-18 08:28, Anders Darander skrev:
>>> * Ulf Samuelsson<ulf_samuelsson at telia.com>   [111017 22:45]:
>>> Build stats are always interesting... ;)
>>> This would severely restrict the usefulness of the comparison. I'd guess
>>> that this means that in one case the source will be downloaded, while
>>> it'll already be downloaded in the second test. Could you redo the
>>> statistics with all sources downloaded?
>> I had already built it once before running the first test then updated
>> and I think one additional package was downloaded over a 100 MBps line
>> so it affects a little, but not too much.
> Ok, just curious. Not least as you had one image fail in the first
> configuration, which you attributed to a failed download. That remark
> made me wonder...

OK, To be 100% correct:
I built meta-toolchain first so all packages for that build should be there.
This is much longer than anything else, so this is a good comparision.

Then the build #1 was started and measruements was taken.
This failed for core-image-sato due to one missing package, which
After build #1 was completed, I downloaded the missing package
and started build #2.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson