[oe] Patchwork breaking submitters name Was: Patchwork hooks for meta-oe active and working

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:38:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 09:32:13AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Khem the patchwork hooks for meta-oe (and hence meta-efl,
> meta-gnome and meta-xfce) are active and working.
> Once the commits hit the OE server the state will get updated automatically,
> so the submitter will instantly know when his/her patch has hit the repo.
>
> regards,

There is known and fixed issue with patchwork breaking author name

We have an example in patch
"[meta-oe] lightmediascanner: Add version 0.4.4 (initial recipe)"
Original e-mail says "Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin.shar at gmail.com>"
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2011-October/035644.html

older patchwork instance says only "pespin <pespin.shar at gmail.com>"
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/13323/
newer patchwork instance says also "pespin <pespin.shar at gmail.com>"
http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/13323/

Same problem was reported also on LKML
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/18/128
And later fixed by Jeremy Kerr
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/18/149

Can we get this upstream fix to our patchwork instance too?

Regards,
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com