[oe] Use of stamps in the source directory of openembedded-core

Ulf Samuelsson ulf_samuelsson at telia.com
Wed Oct 19 08:17:51 UTC 2011

2011-10-18 16:35, Khem Raj skrev:
> On 10/18/2011 1:18 AM, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> After I have built openembedded-core, I notice that the source directory
>> is loaded with files: *.done.
>>

> they indicate successful download of a source tar.

Are you sure?
It does not look like the whole story to me.

I can see that for each source file, there is a *.done file,
but there are also a lot of *.done which seems to be related
to patches, and the patches are not present in the source directory.

Why are those files created?

What happens if two different packages have a patch with the same name?

>> Is this really a good idea?
>>
>> I tend to use a common source directory for multiple projects.
>>
>> Having stamps in the source directory, means that you let one
>> project affect the others.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson