[oe] Plans for OE classic future

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:56:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 01:56:43PM +0200, Henning Heinold wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:53:13AM +0000, Mats K?rrman wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Are there any plans for new releases and/or maintenance branches of OE classic?
>
>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded/log/?h=org.openembedded.dev
>>
>> and)
>>
>> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded/log/?h=2011.03-maintenance
>
> Huh? Are those links to the plans?

No, but putting my TSC hat on, we had talked (and this is reflected in
the minutes somewhere or another) and we aren't actively having
another maintenance release happen (if people step up to do one of
course, that's another matter).

Taking my TSC hat off, 2011.03-maintenance will continue so long as
people have a use for it and my policy was clarified at some point a
little while back that backporting from oe-core/etc directly is fine
(which is another plus of asking people to put what they want into a
branch for me to pull from rather than "cherry-pick $hash from $tree"
as the request).

--
Tom