[oe] Help?

David Thomas david.thomas at microbee-systems.com
Sat Oct 29 21:50:58 UTC 2011

I can get bitbake to run as root but I don't let it continue as it is
not advised.

As user I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dthomas/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 234, in <module>
    ret = main()
  File "/home/dthomas/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 197, in main
    server = ProcessServer(server_channel, event_queue, configuration)
  File "/home/dthomas/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py", line 78, in __init__
    self.cooker = BBCooker(configuration, self.register_idle_function)
  File "/home/dthomas/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 77, in __init__
    self.parseConfigurationFiles(self.configuration.file)
  File "/home/dthomas/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 529, in
parseConfigurationFiles
    bb.event.fire(bb.event.ConfigParsed(), self.configuration.data)
IOError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

I have tried everything. I am using Fedora 13 and have followed every
guide to the letter. It seems to be a permissions issue but where, I
have almost given up trying. As always, there is no info on the this
anywhere that is remotely useful

Any help is appreciated?

--
Dave Thomas
MicroBee Systems, Inc

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are
hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to
anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately advise the
sender by reply email and delete this message.