[oe] How to customize Angstrom using OE?

Buğra Aydoğar bugraaydogar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:56:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not a OE expert.I want to have deep understanding of OE's conf files.My
board is craneboard and i did standart distro and machine
configuration.(Dıstro=angstrom-2010.x,Machine=am3517-crane)

I have two question for you.

1=>

I want to edit Angstrom and customize it for me.(Sth like own rootfs but
editing Angstrom for example i dont want qt thins in my rootfs ).When i dig
x11-gpe-image.bb, i couldnt find what they consist of.I thought i can be
angstrom-2010.x-preferred-versions but im not sure.As a result i want to
have a rootfs which doesn't consist qt libraries, how can i do it using OE
and Angstrom?

2=>

When i dig angstrom-2010.x.conf, i couldnt find any configuration  settings
about which linux kernel it will compile.It just tell
MACHINE_KERNEL_VERSION  2.6 and at bottom of angstrom-2010.x.conf  i saw

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_beagleboard = "linux-omap"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-omap_beagleboard = "2.6.39"
when i go linux-omap directory which is in recipes/linux, linux-omap  doesnt
contain craneboard.I made a search in /recipes/linux for craneboard,i found
it at /recipes/linux/linux-omap-psp-2.6.32, and images  which i created
realy use 2.6.32 linux kernel.But it writes nowhere in config files.Where is
it? How oe goes there and takes that config file?
Confused....

Thanks
--
Buğra AYDOĞAR