[oe] [OE-core] Please merge lists openembedded-devel and openembedded-core again.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 2 15:21:49 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, den 02.09.2011, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Richard Purdie:
> On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 10:05 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 08:25, Paul Menzel wrote:

> > > it would be great if we could join the lists oe-devel and oe-core again.
> > > As far as I know the only reason the list oe-core was created was to
> > > discuss the initial setup and the creation of oe-core. Now that it has
> > > been setup I do not see any reason to have two separate lists.
> > >
> > > I suggest to abandon/archive openembedded-core and use
> > > openembedded-devel.
> >
> > I fully support this merge.
>
> I'm not so sure rushing into this is a great idea.

I interpret your answer that the merge is planned. What is the right
time then?

> Speaking as someone who has problems trying to figure out where
> patches are intended for

Also now you have to decide to what list to send them to. Now you just
add a prefix/tag as is done on oe-devel already to differentiate between
oe.dev and meta-oe.

> and who tracks whether they've been applied,

Well, the list is not a patch tracker. The patch queue is [1].

> I do find the split useful...

Hmm, could you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Paul