[oe] [OE-core] Please merge lists openembedded-devel and openembedded-core again.

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Sep 2 17:35:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 13:47, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 10:53 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:33, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>> > That sounds like people should just subscribe to oe-core if they want to be aware of changes instead of merging the 2 lists.
>>
>> Many times changes are related to meta-oe and oe-core and we'd need to
>> cross-post and seems wrong.
>
> I don't think this is actually true and its reasonable to assume
> discussion on OE-Core is seen by everyone.
>
> You therefore need an OE-Core subscription or both with the latter
> recommended. The benefit is the two lists give some kind of filtering of
> the email topics.

I am sorry but I disagree. All those affect the layers and thus
changes on oe-core are important to meta-oe so they are all related.
Besides not everyone follow both.

Personally I've been following mostly oe-core and skipped oe and
someone might be doing the other way around; patch management has
nothing to do with mailing list topic and this we can assume this is
easy to fix using patchwork and proper subject on patches.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br