[oe] [OE-core] Please merge lists openembedded-devel and openembedded-core again.

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Fri Sep 2 17:38:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 14:00, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
>> Hmm, could you please elaborate?
>
> We all try to find ways to make our workflows more efficient and to do
> the best job we can at the things we attempt. The mailing list
> separation actively helps me notice the most important things I need to
> deal with. Now yes, I could use mail filters, I could do a variety of
> things. Even with those I believe my response to various things would be
> adversely impacted if we do merge the lists as with the best will in the
> world, people sometimes don't do things like tags/prefixes/whatever and
> its easier for anyone new to OE to get confused.

That is easy to fix since someone might warn the user for how to send
this properly. About new users, having multiple mailing lists just
makes the problem worse since the user won't know which mailing list
to use. So having a single place to ask is much better IMO.

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br