[oe] [meta-oe] bianutils-2.20.1: fix checksums

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 7 08:06:11 UTC 2011

Dear Martin, dear Eric,

Eric, there is a typo in the commit summary: An »a« slipped in binutils.

Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2011, 09:58 +0200 schrieb Martin Jansa:

> This is probably caused by replacing 2.20.1 tarballs with links to 2.20.1a.

the archives were replaced because of the “GPL violation” I think.

http://nickclifton.livejournal.com/9067.html

> IMHO would be better to change recipes to say 2.20.1a and force
> everybody to redownload it with new name (otherwise breaks checksums
> for everybody with old 2.20.1 in downloads dir)

Good point.

> Also please provide at least "diff -rq" when sending fix checksums
> patches, otherwise checksums are quite useless.

Do you mean of the archives? To see the differences in the source?

This is the first time I heard of that, but it is a reasonable
suggestion.

> The same applies to "fix checksums for binutils-2.18"..

Thanks,

Paul