[oe] How to track custom packages during development?

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Fri Sep 23 07:48:06 UTC 2011

Hi!

I'm using OE classic for a product I'm developing. Included in the product are some proprietary software applications that I build using OE recipes. In an Agile development spirit :) these applications are frequently updated and distributed to the customer using .ipk's. Now to the question:

How do I best manage versions of these packages without having to create a new recipe for each?

E.g. can I have a recipe xxxx-1.0 that has a variable that is included in the ipk filename and version?

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Mats