[oe] Package build failure

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:57:38 UTC 2012

2012/4/5 Anders Darander <anders.darander at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 09:33, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:
>> Or you can specify a tag in  src_uri. Something like SRC_URI =
>> "git://bla.git;protocol=git;tag=mytag"
>
> Yes, you can, but please use SRCREV instead. (And let SRCREV point to
> the commit that corresponds to the tagged commmit). If you use tags,
> git will try to reach to server to verify the tag, while SRCREV lets
> you build completely offline.
>
> /Anders

Yes you are right, this is done because git tags can be moved.

Usually I would assume that it only checks the revision while fetching.
But currently it seems like "git ls-remote" (the tool that checks the
remote revision) is executed at _every_ task of a tagged recipe (and
also once while parsing).
So if you have 10-20 recipes from the same git server that use tags,
building them could generate heavy load on the server.

Still wonders me why it has to check for the revision at do_package
and fails me if the server is unreachable / busy.
(git-ls-remote unable to look up anongit.kde.org/...)

Was looking for this "issue" in the fetcher/git code, but I couldn't
find it at the first look..

--
Regards
Samuel