[oe] meta-linaro and toolchain-layer

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:10:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM, McClintock Matthew-B29882
<B29882 at freescale.com> wrote:

> What is the harm in saving off the 4.6 toolchain recipes off in a
> layer that we other users could later add back in if they needed it? I
> for see issues where folks will insist on using the same toolchain
> they have been using for years to come.

usually the users who want that toolchain would than use a given
release of OE-Core
keeping many versions functional is a lot of work. Someone has to
constantly make
sure that metadata/recipes are working with the old toolchain all the
time master
changes.