[oe] [oe-core] ld segfault cant figure it out

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 22:00:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM, j <vwyodapink at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to sound so dumb but if there is no recipe failing and 2 separate
> systems are segfaulting in similar manners and both result with not fully
> functioning images/packages where else can I look for info? I posted all the
> logs to one of the builds, and the QA log seems to be the only thing really
> spitting out anything. I am open to trying and or sharing any and all
> relevant info to help sort it out or get me on track to sorting it out.

what I am hearing is that your build succeeds despite these ld
segfaults. Am I right ?
but then when you run the resulting images then the images dont
function correctly
on your target

and you also mentioned that its expat package when being built that
causes the ld
segfaults. Are you sure about that ? You could somehow forge ulimit to unlimited
that will dump

on ubuntu edit /etc/security/limits.conf on build host and then add
*         soft    core    unlimited

that should generate core files. After this search for core* files in build tree
and see if there are any then debug them with gdb to diagnose it further

Now I am not sure if those segfaults directly relate to malfunction of image
if thats the case but its likely. You should also try to explore the reasons why
the image fails to behave as expected.