[oe] [meta-kde] Test images (was: Re: [OE-core] RFC: Porting KDE Plasma Active (WIP))

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:59:51 UTC 2012

2012/4/20 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:

> Op 19-04-12 18:57, Koen Kooi schreef:
>> Op 19-04-12 16:03, Samuel Stirtzel schreef:

>>> Gitorious is down a lot, which is (partly) why I switched away from
>>> it.

>>> I'll update the repo in a minute. Some other things I ran into:
>>
>>> * rasqal needs PARALLEL_MAKE = ""

>>> * soprano-native is needed for the onto2something binary, I did 'yum
>>> install soprano' instead

>> I forgot which recipe, sorry. I do managed to build the images after a
>> few tries. There were some more PARALLEL_MAKE and/or missing DEPENDS
>> related problems, but rerunning the build a few times made those go
>> away. The buildhistory output:
>> https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/buildhistory/commit/c4790bbe1534c8c536f6cacf509d93b14cf6050c

The diff from my buildhistory installed-packages.txt looks good.
Although it seems like I have "some" strange kernel module installed [1].

The "+kde-wallpapers" and other shows that you have it installed in
the image while I installed it as package when I noticed it was
missing, so it is alright.

> The
>>
> binaries don't run, lots of missing symbols to SessionManagement, do I
> need to build qt4-x11 differently (apart from the GLES changes I forgot)?

The qt4-x11-free_4.8.0.bbappend [2] should have done that.
I can look into it if you provide the log.do_configure for kdelibs4.

At the first glance it looks like the .bbappend needs a PRINC, you
could verify that with grep "-no-accessibility -no-sm" in your
qt4-x11-free logfile dir.

[1] http://pastebin.com/RzPXqtxv
[2] https://gitorious.org/openembedded-core-layers/meta-kde/blobs/master/recipes-misc-support/qt4-x11-free_4.8.0.bbappend

--