[oe] Problems building parts of python using openembedded

Martin Ertsås martiert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:39:15 UTC 2012

Hi.

I'm using OE to build for OMAP4, when compiling python, OE reports
success, however only the core python seems to be built successfully.
Looking at the log files however, we see a lot of ld errors, when it
tries to link to x86_64 libraries. As an example, the following is
output with ncurses:

Looking in ncursesw for
['/home/martin/Cisco/openembedded/oe/build/tmp-nimbus_2012_x-eglibc/sysroots/nimbus-panda/usr/lib']

Found
/home/martin/Cisco/openembedded/oe/build/tmp-nimbus_2012_x-eglibc/sysroots/nimbus-panda/usr/lib/libncursesw.so

/home/martin/Cisco/openembedded/oe/build/tmp-nimbus_2012_x-eglibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5:
file not recognized: File format not recognized

Any ideas why this happens, and what we can do to fix it?

Best Regards
Martin Ertsaas