[oe] [oe-core] ld segfault cant figure it out

j vwyodapink at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:17:18 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 04:13 AM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2012-04-19 18:39, j wrote:
>>>
>>> btw. reboot your machine after this change is made

>> did the reboot went through the build but yet did not produce any
>> core files. But I noticed ulimit was still 0 so changed it to
>> unlimited now and building again, hopefully that
>> will get some core dumps. Will post back once I have more info and
>> will separate anything by which machine as even the 2nd borrowed
>> machine segfaults in the same way.
>
> Is your borrowed machine also running ArchLinux?  If so, have
> you tried anything else - Ubuntu, Fedora, etc?  As far as I can
> tell, you're the only one suffering these problems and also you
> seem to be the only one using ArchLinux.

I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 and Fedora 16 on the borrowed machine as
well. And still failing in the same manner. I am trying to do what Khem
suggested and get core files but for some reason, even though it is
saying I have it set to unlimited it is still not spitting anything out.

I have abandoned Arch on the build machines for now as to keep that out
of the variables.

> Note: I tried to duplicate your problems here, but I've never used
> ArchLinux and it's so primitive and hard to use (compared to what
> I use everyday) that I simply don't have the time to mess with it
> any more.

It is not the only OS that does this for me. I am honestly surprised to
hear Arch is hard, as that is how I see OE and trying to get a
functioning build machine. :P

I just got my 2nd borrowed machine today and starting to set it up now.
Installing Ubuntu on it.

If there is a single OS to install and try on all 3 I will happily do it
again. But this is a non OS dependent thing is my guess since I am on 2
machines now that have done this.

My QA.log's are still basically the same as well. all relating to LD
type issues.

I am still working through getting the image built on th1st borrowed
machine it is slow and starting the

Again OE classic(gumstix branch does not segfault on my machine that
started all this it only started happening once I started trying to
build a BBXM image on a new install on the same machine.

If there is a OS and configuration to specifically try then outside of
what is listed on the Angstrom pages and OE and your Distro pages please
fill me in and will try. But as it stands now 2 totally different
machines have gone through 3+ OS changes all have the same issue, all
relatively the same issues and logs that were posted before. Should I
attach more logs?