[oe] [meta-kde] Test images (was: Re: [OE-core] RFC: Porting KDE Plasma Active (WIP))

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:17:27 UTC 2012

2012/4/20 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:

> Op 20-04-12 13:28, Samuel Stirtzel schreef:

> The diff from my buildhistory installed-packages.txt looks good.

>>> I think the bbappend needs to do:
>>>
>>> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 1}"
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>> PRINC = "1"
>>>
>>> Since meta-oe has a bbappend as well (patches to fix that will show up
>>> soon)
>>
>> Done, thanks for pointing that out.
>
> I have it sort of running, but I get a lot:
>
> Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name
> org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"

Hi,
yes this is a known issue.
Somehow the Virtuoso RDF parser does not get detected by Nepomuk.
It should not affect anything else than the file search.

Is the KDE desktop working properly?
If I start it with "xinit /usr/bin/startkde" it looks just like my
host system after a fresh installation.

> And do you have a bbappend for qt to enable GLES?

The "recipes-misc-support/qt4-x11-free_4.8.0.bbappend" [1] enables
GLES for Qt on the soc family omap3.
kde-workspace builds kwin (the window manager) and also kwin_gles if
GLES is available.

It could be faster than the normal window manager, "kwin_gles
--replace" should do the trick.

[1] https://gitorious.org/openembedded-core-layers/meta-kde/blobs/master/recipes-misc-support/qt4-x11-free_4.8.0.bbappend

--
Regards