[oe] [oe-core] 3 build machines all failing in the same manner - was:ld segfault cant figure it out

j vwyodapink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:39:56 UTC 2012

On 04/21/2012 02:47 PM, j wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Thank you for your time and help.

really I am the only person who is this unlucky with 3 build machines
all having the same issue ? This makes no sense to me. Is there anything
I stated in my steps following or the guides I stated that it is not
giving me a working build machine on 3 different setups all with the
same issue? I have tried Ubuntu on every machine so it has nothing to do
with me trying Arch initially. 10.04 11.04 and 12.04.

So the qa.log I attached previously is meaningless? The
warnings/messages mean nothing? To me the ld segfault is the reason most
of qa.log has messages. Also why would oe-classic build on my laptop and
one of the borrowed machines with no segfaults and no issues with the
completed images, but then doing the new setup and version used gives me
the build issues on multiple machines. I also do not understand why if
while building, the build machine segfaults while building some package
but the "offending" package does not fail.

But since I obviously do not get what I should be supplying to the list
for help and I am obviously the only person who has this issue and do
not get working images in the end, this will go unsolved unless I just
get lucky.

I am cleaning each machine again and going to try one last time on each
one with Ubuntu 10.04 following the steps I listed above and the guides
I stated, if all 3 fail again and with no more info than I get now I
will just have to call it broken, and only works for specific hardware.
Again I am willing to share any specific info that I have not already
throughout this thread, but I do not feel like flooding anymore if there
is no interest in this and will have to go to a different OS and build
methods for the BBXM. The only different thing I am going to do this
time is let it re-download all the sources over again just in case that
is the cause, though doubt it is.

Do not mean to sound rude or ungrateful with the help recieved so far
but this is very frustrating and I seem to be able to easily reproduce
this on multiple hardware configurations, which is part of why I do not
get how I am the only one.

Thank you for your time.