[oe] gcc-4.4.1 assembler error: offset out of range

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 17:58:29 UTC 2012

Hi Raj,

On Apr 29, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

> You have to post the assembly output that assembler is rejecting here
> for further details

The assembler output is generated into the /tmp folder, and it disappears
immediately afterwards, as soon as OE stops. How do I catch it? ;-)

> Anyhow, when you are changing from 4.3.3 why to 4.4.1 and not 4.5 that
> has been in OE for long and is default compiler for many OE based
> distributions out there

I want to do some specific tests with compiling RTI DDS 4.5f, whose libraries
have been compiled using gcc-4.4.1. This is the reason that I tried first with
gcc-4.4.1.

I've now cleaned up my overo-oe/tmp folder, and am in the process of trying to build
gcc-4.5, just to see if that works, but I will need to revert back to gcc-4.4.1
and fix this issue.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson