[oe] Adding a board support layer.

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:28:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Nicu Pavel <npavel at mini-box.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the proper way of adding a new board support layer ? Should I
> just add a meta-picosam9 with our kernel recipes and board
> configuration and submit a patch ?

It seems you are interested in layered model which means you will
base your work on oe-core and other layers. Yes writing your own
machine layer is a preferred approach. However you need to host
and maintain the layer. For hosting gihub bitbucket gitorious etc
work good. If you maintain the layer in pretty good shape many
distro's like angstrom might include your machine layer in the
default build

There are some machine layers mentioned here

 http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

You can use one of those for reference and modelling its upto you