[oe] Toolchain rework, call for testing

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 04:47:37 UTC 2012

Hi All

Recently glibc build has been simplified upstream. It has dropped the
dependency on libgcc_s and libgcc_eh for building glibc itself.
This means that we can simplify our toolchain bootstrap a bit by
dropping 1 of the 3 cross gcc build stages. We do not need
gcc-cross-intermediate
anymore. This should bring some build time reduction and simplify the
bootstrap. I have a series of patches which I have tested
by building core-image-minimal and meta-toolchain for all supported
qemu architectures and also uclibc/eglibc both
but it needs a lot more testing therefore I am calling out wider
audience for help in testing it out.

The branch is

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/toolchain-rework

Thanks