[oe] php-cgi cannot install package

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 13:13:45 UTC 2012

The issue I have with FPM (albeit noting I haven't researched this much)
is that FPM keeps the PHP binary running regardless as a daemon right?
If there is a memory leak in PHP then this will grow over time, where-as
the php-cgi is a one-shot run of the binary and memory issues won't
effect the system as the memory gets cleared every time?

If I am being daft, let me know and I will look into switching to FPM.

On 04/12/12 12:54, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 04.12.2012 13:29, Jack Mitchell pisze:
>> I tried to build the recently commited PHP changes today and received
>> this error at do_rootfs, any ideas?
>>
>> The only package I select is php-cgi through IMAGE_INSTALL.
> Good catch. Looks like enabling FPM disabled CGI interface.
>
> But for performance reasons I suggest switch to FPM.

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer
   http://www.embed.me.uk