[oe] Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide udev

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Sun Dec 23 18:15:29 UTC 2012

Hi Koen,

Le Sun, 23 Dec 2012 19:10:54 +0100,
Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> a écrit :
> Op 23 dec. 2012, om 15:47 heeft Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> het volgende geschreven:
> > I need your help concerning denzil if you need to keep systemd 189
> > there :
> >
> > with PREFERRED_PROVIDER_udev = "udev"
> > systemd fails to package here
>
> If you're going to use systemd then you'll need to use the matching udev version. New systemd with old udev won't work.

I'm not trying to use systemd but systemd gets built as a dependency
of other packages and fails to build as you can see.

If I understand well, the only solution to fix denzil is to revert
the patch which upgrades systemd else systemd and udev are not in sync
so builds are failing unless we force DEFAULT_PROVIDER_udev to systemd
(as setting it to udev doesn't work).

Eric