[oe] [oe-commits] Otavio Salvador : systemd.bbclass: depends on systemd

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Sat Feb 4 02:34:44 UTC 2012

On 03/02/12 18:18, Khem Raj wrote:

> why not make it a globally selectable ?
> so we can make sure that autoconf does not try to guess
> but we tell it if systemd features should {en|dis}abled
> explicitly and something like virtual/init-manager or something
> since I think it has to coexist with sysvinit or upstart
> whatever one chooses.

We should definitely do this, I've not had enough time to figure out. I
think it's going to have to be a distro level thing as so far as I can
tell we need to be able to:
o set the init system
o include certain packages
o potentially enable/disable configure flags

I've not had much opportunity to look into this yet but we need to be
certain whichever mechanism we enable works for systemd, sysvinit,
upstart, s6, whatever.

Cheers,
Joshua
--