[oe] [meta-oe][RFC 02/27] initmanager.bbclass: inital add

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Feb 7 15:57:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 13:39, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>wrote:

> Would it be possible to turn this on its head and merge
> systemd.bbclass/update-rc.d.bbclass into one so that it does the
> appropriate
> thing for whatever INIT_MANAGER is set to for every recipe that uses it?

I'd say initmanager.bbclass ought to inherit both and handle the packaging
for both. As Koen said, I'd prefer to have it as an image decision not an
distro decision. We might not build one, if distro drops the feature but by
default both ought to be build IMO.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br