[oe] [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 8 11:00:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 06:18, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Op 08-02-12 01:39, Joshua Lock schreef:
> > It looks like systemd provides various interfaces and API's that packages
> > may or may not use and as more packages adopt these we're going to need
> > to be able to enable/disable more than just some unit files/scripts for
> > init support.
>
> Most (if not all) of those APIs are designed to be used with or without
> systemd as initmanager, that is why there are seperate shared libraries. I
> need to double check, but polkit might be the only exception to that in
> that
> it needs to have systemd actuall running. But multi-seat is broken anyway
> currently, so not much difference for the end user either way :)

Well, it being broken or not doesn't change that it explicitly depends on
systemd. We also ought to have a design that will work when this works and
it seems, up to now, that distro  feature is the only solution  for now.
I'd love to have it as an image feature but it seems it won't be easily
doable.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br