[oe] [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Wed Feb 8 12:28:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:14, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:

> Images with sysvinit will be working the same as before, just with
> libsystemd-logind.so.X being installed. Images with systemd get working
> session tracking.

AFAIK polkit uses consolekit or systemd. In case you build it with systemd
you break consolekit support.

However a stronger point IMO is that some changes, for one or another init
system, might involve specific compilation options and thus making their
runtime incompatible as it's the case of polkit. Usually people will want
one or another init system and I see no gain in have both available.

Forcing user to use a bbappend to have one working well is the wrong way.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br