[oe] [meta-oe][RFC 00/27] systemd / initmanager rework

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:51:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
> That is why I want to make an exception for polkit and udisks to keep
> initmanager selection an IMAGE_FEATURE combined with DISTRO_FEATURE. A
> distro maintainer can then choose to support one or more initmanagers and in
> the case for multiple it can be set per image.
>
> regards,
>
> Koen
I haven't the point: why do we need such quirks to keep initmager an
image feature? Could you please help me out here?

FYI one of my tests was to build the image I usually work with configured as

INIT_MANAGER = "sysvinit"

and systemd isn't build at all - so no need to take care at specific
recipes: They will configure for what I (or the distro) want them.

Please see INIT_MANAGER as distro feature. I did not add it to the
collection of DISTRO_FEATURES to avoid setting multiple initmanages.

Andreas