[oe] bitbake versions

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:42:51 UTC 2012

2012/2/9 Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro>:
> On 02/09/2012 01:26 AM, Rich Pixley wrote:
>>
>> I'm having trouble even parsing using bitbake > 1.12.
>>
>> Am I right in thinking that the openembedded tree isn't ready to be built
>> with bitbake > 1.12?
>>
>> If so, then the getting started document should probably include this
>> info.
>
> I just finished a core-image-minimal + some other packages using bitbake
> form git, branch master. So i don't think that there a problem with bitbake
> in your case. What error you encountered? What is your system shell? Hope
> bash.
>
> @g

If one is using oe-classic then bitbakes > 1.12 indeed introduce issues.
One that I recall is that it gives a warning if there is a # in a
variable (e.g. when commenting out a patch in a recipe).
But there were other ones too actually blocking it.

If you are using oe-classic better stay with 1.12.
For oe-core probably the latest version of bitbake is the best choice.

Frans