[oe] [meta-oe 6/7] systemd.bbclass: automatically extend FILES_* for systemd packages

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 12 22:15:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 00:00, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> In case SYSTEMD_SERVICE contains only one *.service file, the whole folder
>> ${base_libdir}/systemd/system/ is added to FILES_* otherwise only the
>> *.service
>> files found in SYSTEMD_SERVICE.

Off topic: My intention was to install the whole directory for recipes
with one service per package AND one *-systemd package (this case is
not catched by my code - so there will be a V2)

> It seems you'll need to parse the service file and check if it installs
> others. For example .socket files usually do that. And then you'll never
> add the whole dir automatically but dependently of the services it needs to
> install.

I am afraid this goes a bit to far and causes confusion what is
packed. I would prefer the simple rule:

If there is one *-systemd package with one entry in SYSTEMD_SERVICE,
the whole directory is installed - otherwise only the files found in
SYSTEMD_SERVICE. If a recipe installs too much or something is
missing, it can be corrected in recipe.

What is common opinion here?

Andreas