[oe] [meta-oe 6/7] systemd.bbclass: automatically extend FILES_* for systemd packages

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:42:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 14:38, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> > systemd-systemctl-native
>> Off list @Otavio: not boring but challenging...
>>
>> To reuse as much as possible: Is there a piece of code showing me how
>> to mix up shell/python code?
>

> Not that I am aware of but you can look at combo-layer script how to read
> and parse ini files; this ought to be very simple to do.

Currently I am testing the automatic parsing for different recipes.
Following the 'After=' and 'WantedBy=' works fine but before sending
out I would like to get some comments on the following
assumptions/questions:

* There is no need for recipes to install links for 'WantedBy' entries
since systemd-systemctl-native takes care. E.G the code in
lightttpd_1.4.30.bbappend for this can be removed (it works on the
wrong paths anyway) -> there is no need for systemd.bbclass to follow
'WantedBy'. Correct?

* For dropbear_2011.54.bbappend, the automatic parsing leaves
dropbear at .service and dropbear.service ( link to /dev/null ) unpacked.
In dropbear.socket there is 'Conflicts=dropbear.service'. Shall the
algorithm follow also services linked by Conflicts= and pack those
service files?

* dropbear_2011.54.bbappend: Is dropbear at .service a candidate for a
second *-systemd packet?

* are there other keys which might need follow-up too?

Thanks in advance

Andreas