[oe] [meta-oe][v2] 00/22] systemd rework

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:53:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 03:02:54AM +0100, Andreas Müller wrote:
>> V1 -> V2:
>> [2]  do not check configuration variables for cross and nativesdk
>> [3]  rename systemd_package to systemd_generate_package_scripts
>> [6]  parse unit files to determine the files to pack
>> [7]  create warning if *-systemd package already rdepends
>>      it's base package
>> added in V2:
>> [8]-[20] remove obsolet systemd code from recipes (these were used as
>>      test cases)
>> [21] dhcp-(relay) test case for multiple systemd packages
>> [22] modified to start service
>
> Whole series looks good to me sofar.
>
> I'm not sure what's meant by this warning:
> WARNING:
> /OE/shr-core/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/gateone/gateone_git.bb:
> it is recommended to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd
> WARNING:
> /OE/shr-core/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/cloud9/cloud9_0.5.1.bb:
> it is recommended to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd
>
> I guess we should
> -SYSTEMD_PACKAGES = "${PN}"
> +SYSTEMD_PACKAGES = "${PN}-systemd"
> with this patchset too and add ${PN}-systemd to task which pulls gateone/cloud9.
>
> And I'm not sure if this change is intentional:
> http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=buildhistory.git;a=commitdiff;h=3d27d7267406bd0fb2ea2a48b108dbb8bc7c128f#patch18
>
> as xserver-nodm-init-systemd doesn't really need xserver-nodm-init, but
> probably won't harm if xserver-nodm-init is used only to pull
> xinit+xserver-common dependency.

The only 'clean' way out here I see is an additional variable
overriding automatic rdepending. How about

SYSTEMD_RDEPENDS: If this variable is set with a list of packages, its
contents are used for redepending (systemd is still added). It should
be possible to set packages outside of recipe and of course the
contents should be checked during parse. What do you think?

Andreas