[oe] [meta-oe] vsftpd: add new package

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Mon Feb 20 22:43:09 UTC 2012

On 20.02.2012 23:22, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Le Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:29:41 +0100,
> Andreas Oberritter <obi at opendreambox.org> a écrit :
>> On 20.02.2012 14:51, Eric Bénard wrote:
>>> - imported 2.0.5 from oe-classic
>>> - upgrade to 2.3.5 which is latest stable
>>> - tested on ARMv5 with Angstrom
>>
>> I created a recipe for vsftpd, too. Here's my version for your
>> reference. All patches were taken from the Debian or Ubuntu package.
>>
>> It differs from your recipe in these ways:
>> - uses openssl
>> - uses pam if available
>> - uses xinetd
>
> I'm not sure that depending on xinetd is a good point, I've no strong
> opinion concerning the other points (except I don't need openssl, pam
> & xinetd in my image in the project where I'm using vsftp).

I'm not sure either. All of this should probably be made optional.

>> - allows to set custom default configuration options in bbappends
>
> Isn't that also possible by simply providing a custom vsftpd.conf in
> the project's layer ?

Yes, that would be possible, too. The way I implemented just makes it
easier to use OE's variables in configuration items and to override only
few options like the ftp banner. And to keep an up-to-date configuration
example with increasing versions.

Regards,
Andreas