[oe] some ipk contents missed in rootfs - fuse_2.7.4

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:40:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM, mgundes <mgcse at hotmail.com> wrote:
> At that point, can I say this as a result: "IMAGE_INSTALL is checked by
> bitbake and just only ipks of in that variable are added to rootfs. In my
> case, I had added fuse to IMAGE_INSTALL and just fuse*.ipk was added to
> rootfs, so that I needed to adding fuse-utils to IMAGE_INSTALL to get
> contents of fuse-utils*.ipk in my rootfs."
>
> Is that conclusion true?

you have to understand the difference between recipe name and output
package name
one recipe may emit multiple packages. What goes into image is picked
from output package
names and not recipe names. By default bitbake translates recipe name
to be one of packages
name as well. e.g. if you have foo.bb then there will be a foo.ipk
generated but there might
be more like foo-utils.ipk etc. if you did that in the recipe.