[oe] meta-oe post holiday patchwork cleanup

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Thu Jan 12 14:23:08 UTC 2012

tl;dr version: get your subject-prefix right

Hi,

I've cleaned up patchwork by marking every meta-oe patch as archived, minus
the one Martin just sent.

This means all the pending patches for meta-oe are listed here:

http://patches.openembedded.org/project/oe/list/?q=meta-oe

If your patches are missing, resend them using the method outlined in the
README of the respective meta-openembedded layer.

I'll include the meta-oe one below, since too many patches still don't comply:

This layer depends on:

URI: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
branch: master
revision: HEAD

Send pull requests to openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org with
'[meta-oe]' in the subject'

When sending single patches, please use something like 'git send-email -1
- --to openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org --subject-prefix meta-oe'

You are encouraged to fork the mirror on github
https://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe/ to share your patches, this is
preferred for patch sets consisting of more than one patch. Other services
like gitorious, repo.or.cz or self hosted setups are of course accepted as
well, 'git fetch <remote>' works the same on all of them. We recommend
github because it is free, easy to use, has been proven to be reliable and
has a really good web GUI.

Main layer maintainer: Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>

The most important thing of that is the subject prefix. I only read emails
with a [meta-<foo>] subject prefix on oe-devel nowadays and I look at
http://patches.openembedded.org/project/oe/list/?q=meta- more often than
oe-devel.

So: Get your subject-prefix right

And kudos to Andreas, Martin and Otavio for getting their pull requests
right pretty much all the time.

regards,

Koen