[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] commit 89cb863234616620d172984ff173f1d84ce4caa9

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:59:13 UTC 2012

2012/1/16 Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org>

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
> <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I just accidently committed
> > 89cb863234616620d172984ff173f1d84ce4caa9<
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded/commit/?h=2011.03-maintenance&id=89cb863234616620d172984ff173f1d84ce4caa9
> >on
> > the maintenance branch.
> >
> > My intention was to commit this to master and send a maintenance pull
> > request, but as i did not notice that my branch was on
> 2011.03-maintenance,
> > I accidently pushed to that branch
> > (actually somewhat surprizing me, as i did not expect to be able to push
> > against that branch).
> >
> > I'll leave it to the maintainers to decide on how to handle this.
> > I would like to see this recipe in the maintenance branch too thoguh.
> >
> > The patch moves the recipe from the 2007_365 version to the 2010_365
> > version.
> > commit message:
>
> *kicks gmail for not marking this important*
>
> Well, how does this fit against the rest of the requirements for the
> branch?  In other words, have you gotten all of these changes in
> somewhere else so they won't be lost?
>
> Hi Tom,

Not sure what you exactly mean.
The change is also in oe classic master. oe-core does not carry this recipe
(and if I recall correctly meta-oe neither does)
As it stands the patch simplifies the recipe as the uclibc specific patch
is not needed any more (and hence is dropped).

And maybe I caused confusion: the changes I listed in the commit message
are the official changes between 2007_365 and 2010_365, not changes I made
to the code.
In fact the recipe is pretty straightforward.

Best regards, Frans