[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Packaged staging, anyone?

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Wed Jan 18 09:33:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to set up packaged staging for my project. I found some instructions in the packaged-staging.bb file header and some info in the mailing list that I followed but it don't seem to work. Everything is built from scratch anyway -- no error messages.

Project layout:

oe   (this is "OEBASE")
 |- bitbake  (1.12.0)
 |- build
 |    |- tmp  (normal build output)
 |    '- pstage_mirror  (copies of tmp/pstage)
 |- conf  (contains local.conf)
 |- local  (my project specific conf, recipes and bbappend's)
 '- openembedded  (2011.03 metadata, unchanged)

In local conf I added:

INHERIT += "packaged-staging"
PSTAGE_MIRROR = "file://${OEBASE}/build/pstage_mirror"

Values parses OK according to bitbake -e.
What I do:

1) rm -rf build/tmp
2) MACHINE=mymachine bitbake meta-toolchain
3) copy all contents of build/tmp/pstage to build/pstage_mirror
4) rm -rf build/tmp
5) MACHINE=mymachine bitbake my-image

Do anyone have any clues to what might be wrong, I would appreciate some hints!

Thanks // Mats