[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Packaged staging -- dependency problem

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:56:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Mats Kärrman <Mats.Karrman at tritech.se> wrote:
> Well, now at least it pulls packages from the mirror instead of building them but there is a but.
>
> When building glib-2.0, do_configure uses autotools and the configure script of glib-2.0 wants to use sed from sysroots. sed-native exists in the mirror but has not been installed in sysroots. I am uncertain where the dependency on sed (or sed-native?) is missing/should be added. In the glib recipe or for autotools class? (this time i looked in master but found no relevant patches.)
>
> Any advice?

I think you're going to find that without a lot of additional work,
packaged-staging isn't going to be helpful beyond you and your
machine.  A lot of the lessons learned in making packaged-staging work
better are found in sstate-cache in oe-core.  The easiest fix here is
to add ASSUME_PROVIDED += "sed-native" to your local.conf / similar so
that sed-native isn't built and your host one is used.

--
Tom