[oe] FOSDEM 2012 - stand organization thread

Radoslav Kolev radoslav at kolev.info
Sat Jan 21 15:40:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Robert Schuster <thebohemian at gmx.net> wrote:
> A Wiki[0] page mentioning this year's organization details was created.
> Please fill the respective spaces with your name if you want to help.
> There is space for people who want to man the stand, bring devices and -
> very important - a bunch of tasks need to be accomplished before the
> event starts.

Hey guys,

It's my first time going to FOSDEM, so I don't know how it works out
exactly. I'm not an Openembedded "master", but have been using it for
a while and can try to explain to people what it is and why it's
useful. So, hopefully I can help a bit with the stand too.

As for bringing hardware, what is usually needed here? I have some
evaluation boards with different ARM SoCs, some with an LCD and touch
screen that can run Angstrom and QT embedded demo apps, but nothing
very impressive to show. Would that be useful?

Regards and I hope to see you there,
Radoslav