[oe] how to specify alternative library locations from recipes using cmake

Greg Kogut gkogut at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 19:24:48 UTC 2012

I hope this isn't too much of a n00b question.

I've developed a dozen new recipes (which I'll submit once they're stable), most of which use cmake.

Some of them install libraries to alternative library locations, e.g. '/opt/myprog/lib'.   This works correctly, and I've verified the libraries are installed to the correct locations in the filesystem image.

However, while building binaries dependent on these new libraries, also using cmake, cmake tries to point the linker to these directories on the host machine, not the cross-compiler filesystem.  With predictable results.

What is the correct practice for correctly guiding cmake to the right location?  I've searched the existing recipes which use cmake without finding anything.

Regards,
Greg