[oe] Splitting meta-oe

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Wed Jan 25 21:03:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 15:45 -0500, Philip Balister wrote:
> On 01/25/2012 12:57 PM, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > Agreed.  I think the mailing lists ought to remain the primary forum for
> > decision-making.  If there's something that needs to be discussed, let's
> > do it here.  If we can't reach a consensus, that's what we have the TSC
> > for.
>
> I do not want this to discourage from OE developers talking about things
> like this when they have the chance. Sometimes, high bandwidth face to
> face conversations can resolve issues much faster.

Absolutely, folks should feel welcome to discuss this and any other
issues whenever they have the chance.  And if no conclusion has emerged
by the time ELC comes around then that might indeed be a useful way to
move things forward.  But, such face-to-face meetings inevitably involve
only a subset of developers and the only way to ensure that all
interested parties are able to participate is to hold discussion on the
mailing list whenever possible.

p.