[oe] Splitting meta-oe

Andreas Oberritter obi at opendreambox.org
Thu Jan 26 18:36:21 UTC 2012

On 26.01.2012 17:11, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:45:52PM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> - and if a recipe is not well enough tested it should probably not end up
>> in meta-oe anyway (but better e.g. in meta-oe-next or meta-oe-new or
>> whatever you want to call the super bleeding edge version)
>
> How will Joe Average know that because of webkit-efl he should enable
> meta-efl-next (or
> oe-core-next-libsoup-development-version-alpha-centauri-edition layer)
>  if he doesn't even know what's happening in layers he is
> using already (meta-efl for webkit-efl)?

I think libsoup is not a good example, because the specific version
doesn't live in meta-oe, but in meta-efl, which is fine IMO.

Being someone who's just in the process of moving a distribution from
OE-classic to OE-core + meta-oe, I've already been busy figuring out the
exact differences between recipes present in both layers. I'd welcome
any reduction in duplication and versions present in both layers.

Regards,
Andreas