[oe] xterm-recipe has erros in do_configure

Rainer Koenig Rainer.Koenig at ts.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 30 13:19:24 UTC 2012

When trying to bitbake the xterm_277 recipe from scratch (empty build
direcotry) I get errors form the do_qa_configure skript that says:

ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host include
and/or library paths while determining system capabilities.

Probably one of those lines from the logfile is causing this error:
checking for xterm... /usr/bin/xterm
checking for X... libraries
/srv/oe-core/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/dm814x-evm/usr/lib,
headers
/srv/oe-core/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/dm814x-evm/usr/include
checking for pkg-config...
/srv/oe-core/setup-scripts/build/tmp-angstrom_2010_x-eglibc/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for freetype-config... /usr/bin/freetype-config
checking for FreeType config... /usr/bin/freetype-config
checking for /usr/bin/freetype-config cflags... -I/usr/include/freetype2
checking for /usr/bin/freetype-config libs... -lXft -lfreetype -lz

BTW: I tried to bitbake xterm on another system that had already a
filled build directory. Here we don't get the configure errors, but then
errors during building because it has problems with symbols in fontconfig.

Regards
Rainer
--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Bürgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:Rainer.Koenig at ts.fujitsu.com

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html