[oe] Board support package (BSP) layers/distributions for Geode LX800

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Tue Jan 31 15:57:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 13:15, Paul Menzel <
paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> searching for a suited build configuration for a Geode LX800 based
> system I could only find the discussion about creating a BSP layer for
> it [1]. Was this layer created? I could not find it anywhere.

Not that I am aware of but I do have interest in help with it.

> Additionally could you give recommendations which build configuration is
> suited for a Geode system? Especially with OE-Core as the base. Did
> someone test the latest OE stuff with a Geode LX800 system recently?

We use it in one of our products; I have geode Xorg driver packaged and
working here and can contribute it for sure. For kernel, we have a generic
x86 machine definition so we don't have a defconfig for it currently but it
should be easy to do. IMO it would be nice to use linux-yocto for it as it
is well supported mainline nowadays.

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br