[oe] Proposal: Creating meta-networking

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Jul 13 16:03:08 UTC 2012

Op 13 jul. 2012, om 17:58 heeft Paul Eggleton het volgende geschreven:

> On Thursday 12 July 2012 15:57:52 Joe MacDonald wrote:
>> Just to make sure we're got it in context, though, the open points were:
>>
>>   - tcpdump listed in meta-oe's recipes-core/tasks/task-cli-tools,
>>     under RDEPENDS_${PN}-debug.
>
> Koen, any suggestions? This task has pretty random contents - some of it is
> even hardware-specific. Do we really need to keep this together?

That's an SHR recipe, you'd have to ask Martin Jansa.

The biggest blocker right now is where meta-networking is going to be hosted, the layers in the meta-openembedded repo can only depend on oe-core and bitbake, no other external layers.

regards,

Koen